UUUUUUUU.uuu persists on SD, Android despite following multiple web suggestions

I purchased a "new" Huawei Ascend Y330 and Samsung microSDHC card. Apparently something had been used previously as I have the UUUUUUUU.uuu virus(?). It does not seem to wipe out my current data, but whenever I create a new folder it fills the new folder with 1024 more folders all called UUUUUUUU.uuu, none of which can I open or delete. I believe these folders have been created on the SD card both when it is in my SD slot in my laptop, and when it is in my Android phone. (It does not happen to folders on my laptop.) If I pop the SD card into my laptop, Windows scans and fixes it so that I can delete the new folder and all the bogus sub-folders.

Initially I had been just using Microsoft Security Essentials. Then I got Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10. Neither have identified any viruses or other problems. I have tried various suggestions I've found on the internet, including ComboFix.

I have a 2Tb external hard drive that also connects through USB, so would want to make sure it is clean also, in addition to the laptop, SD card and Android mobile phone.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Here is the FRST.txt log:

One more thing I had forgotten to mention: I have also tried reformatting the SD card, and reseting the phone to factory settings and still the problem comes back.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer!

I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:

Hello again!

I haven't heard from you in 5 days. Therefore, I am going to assume that you no longer need our help, and close this topic.

If you do still need help, please send a Private Message to any Moderator within the next five days. Be sure to include a link to your topic in your Private Message.

Thank you for using Bleeping Computer, and have a great day!

Mod Edit: Reopened per OP request rec'd via PM - Hamluis.