New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1090

Seems like the users are beta testers or something. I think that MQ should invest in a public bug tracker and feature request system so that we can consolidate threads into one area with real input from users; that is how a real beta program works. Even with full releases, the service desk is inadequate for this purpose because no one know if MQ acknowledge bug and it also encourages duplicate requests over the same matter. Now there could still be a private channels (such as the existing service desk) to submit proprietary or other information to.

Hey, real men do not bother with beta versions and beta testing as well as about possible breaking changes to the platform and/or "programming language"! You were silly enough to run a EA on a $100 000 real account, and then (suddenly) after next "live update" of the terminal it just crashed with illiterate and obfuscating message (because real men do not bother learning English either, as well as the basics of programming)? That's your problem!

Automatic updates are disabled, but require passive block of update. I update terminals manually as needed one-by-one; auto-update of one terminal already a nightmare. Auto-update of 15-20 terminals on startup, per computer, is a super-nightmare. As system administrator, you need granular control of these things. I treat windows updates the same way (manually, and only as needed). I've had a server go as much as 9 months without a reboot. (a hardware failure actually prevented it from going longer). There is no need to fix something that is not broken

I thought I or one of my staff already wrote about MQ needing a bug tracker or project management software. But your summary is the best I've seen. It would make everyone's life easier and would likely kill numerous bugs with the enhanced crowdsourcing effect of user collaboration. Those who say that the broker is the customer of MQ, this is partially true. But when you have a problem with the platform, the broker simply say to contact MQ. So the trader is the indirect customer of MQ.

content from reference site