HP / Compaq DC7700 (2006) Windows 7 or 10 Upgrade Intel Graphics Card Crashg

Hi all,

I have a plenty of DC7700 Dual Core Systems with 4gb of ram. Some of these systems upgrade to Windows 7 and 10 without a hitch and run like champs. Others, unfortunately, crash constantly due to an Intel Graphics card. I've downloaded drivers from Intel's Website as well as HP's. The Version Windows installs that works on the other systems will not work on many of them.

suspect that the systems that won't use the Intel drivers have some sort of hardware problem (but this is a generalization).
    It's also possible that they have a program that conflicts in some way with the Intel video driver (an incompatibility).

The error that you're seeing is actually a BSOD (but it doesn't show the BSOD).
    It's a STOP 0x117 error (more info here: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x00000117
    If the STOP 0x117 error occurs and fails to recover - then it generates the STOP 0x116 error and shows the BSOD.
    Here are some suggestions for working with this error (it's a TDR error): http://www.carrona.org/VideoTDR.html
    The article focuses on AMD/nVidia drivers as I very rarely see this error on Intel cards.

Hey John,

I think you may be right about the damaged hardware. That is the only way I can explain some working and some not working. What throws me is the fact that they seem to work up until Windows 7 or 10 is loaded. I have no problems at all in Safe Mode. I'm going to try and Flash the BIOS just for fun.

I'll post back if I figure a solution.

Matt

Video drivers for XP are less complicated than those for later versions of Windows, yet the newer video cards have many more features than the older one's
    A theory that I have is that it's possible that the XP drivers don't make use of the broken hardware - therefore you won't see a problem with them.
    But I don't have a way to test this, so for now it'll just remain a theory.

Good luck!