upgrading to Office 2010 from 2003 on XP

I would like to upgrade from Office 2003 to Office 2010 on my (now ancient) desktop that has Windows XP. I did find this regarding system requirements:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../ee624351.aspx\

I know that my hard disk has the required space and pretty sure my RAM is capable. what I'm not sure of is the display thing and "computer and processor". Can someone tell me where I look to see if my machine is compatible with this upgrade for these two things? Or if anyone knows of any issues doing this, please chime in.

thanks so much!!

If you Publish a Snapshot using Speccy, we can take an in-depth look at your computer's hardware and provide more info.

I would bet your computer can run Office 2010, it's just a matter of how slow it will be (depending on the age and speed of your hardware).

oh wonderful! I did the Speccy thing and here it is (I think):

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/V...FUbMCPCm2IZgwz

thanks so much!!

Single-core Pentium 4 @ 3.4GHz with 1.5GB of RAM...not too bad. I've definitely seen worse.

So yeah, like I said, it definitely can run Office 2010, it just won't run as fast as a newer computer (obviously).

When you said "ancient", I was wondering just how ancient we were talking. lol.

ancient meaning not in the last year You can probably see from the link that I've had the machine since 2005. Plus, I added more RAM, oh about 2 years ago or so. I kept getting "out of memory" messages so....

I'm not terribly concerned that it won't run fast, I don't use those applications all that much. not as much as I do for work obviously(well, obviously to me, heh). and I'm not allowed to do my real job on my home PC anyway, so it's all good