Thread: No mono audio?

No mono audio?

I would really, really like a way to output mono audio.

However, going through as many settings as I can find, sound card, trying to find mono settings, etc none of them show that my PC can output mono audio right now.

Does anyone have a solution?

No mono audio?

In order to provide you with a possible solution you need to post the make and model of this computer.

If this is a custom build, post the make and model of the motherboard. If you are using a dedicated audio card, post the make and model of it.

One possibility that may work would be a stereo to mono adapter.

No mono audio?

Mine is an ASUS K501L, although it's a bit fooked up because somehow the seller mysterious replaced the default 255gb ssd with a 128gb ssd.

I'm not exactly sure what information you're asking for.....
    Here's the general.
    ASUS K501LX 15.6 Inch Laptop (Intel Core i7, 8 GB, 256GB SSD) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M

My sound card's info is just a realtek..... The laptop sticker says "Sonic Master"..

But also, how can I get a stereo to mono adapter? If it's a physical thing and not software I don't think I would feel like attaching something outside my comp.

No mono audio?

It looks like there is a combination microphone input and a headphone output jack on the right side. But there is no audio output which could be used to use with a stereo to mono adapter.

The user's manual does not show any stereo or mono options for SonicMaster at all. You can check in the Control Panel to see what options are available under Sound or SonicMaster. I suspect that all you will only find speaker configurations for Stereo, Quadraphonic, 5.1 Speaker, and 7.1 Speaker.

Why do you wish to use mono?

No mono audio?

I don't enjoy hearing a weight of bass and treble in different ears when I put in headphones or earbuds. Especially when I listen to music.