Skype For Business - Transfer Failed Immediately

I have a user who has office365 and uses skype for business. He cannot send files from his skype client on his windows 10 PC. Immediately after trying to send any file he gets an error saying transfer failed. He can send files from the online version of skype for business without issue.

I know its a PC problem, but we have tried to uninstall and reinstall. The problem still continues. Is there any way to reset all of skype for business' settings to defaults? Or is there anything else I can look at to try to resolve this users issue.

First, I’d like to confirm whether the problematic users can’t see the option to transfer files and the issue occurs to some or all users in the organization. If yes, it seems the file transfer capabilities are not enabled for that users. Please refer to the following article to enable it for those users.

If the issue persists, please provide the information below to better understand your situation:

1. If the problematic users can see the file transfer button in the Skype for Business client, please provide the screenshot of the error message when they try transferring files.
    2. By default, Skype for Business is configured to prevent users from sending files through IM that have some file name extensions, like .ade, .adp, .asp. So, please let the users transfer a Word or Excel file to check if the issue persists.
    3. Please refer to this article to check if your firewalled networks meet the network requirements for Skype for Business Online.

provide the information below to better understand your situation